TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GENERAL CONDITIONS1. Car hire.
2. Hire requirements.
3. Conditions regarding the vehicle.
4. Delivery and return of the vehicle.
5. Items included in the reservation price of your vehicle.
6. Situations or contingencies not covered by the insurance.
7. Optional Extras.
8. Fuel policy.
9. Modification of these General Conditions.
10. Applicable law and jurisdiction.
1. Car hire:
These conditions link the customer to the company SPECIAL PRICES AUTOREISEN SL (hereinafter, “AUTOREISEN”), proper recipient of the rights associated with the brand “Autoreisen Rent a Car”, with registered office in Tenerife. AUTOREISEN www.autoreisen.com is a company situated in Calle San Francisco, 5, Edificio Santander Planta 8º, 38002 Santa Cruz de Tenerife and with Tax Identification Number (CIF) B38086500. The contact email address is <b>email@example.com</b>.
The customer can make his/her reservation online through any of our platforms autoreisen.com, autoreisen.es & arcarhire.com (hereinafter, "the platforms") and, after making it, he/she will receive the confirmation or denial of his/her reservation request at the email address provided to us for this purpose.
AUTOREISEN reserves the right to refuse or reject a particular reservation request for operational reasons, especially in case of unavailability of vehicles as requested by the customer. It may also deny or refuse such a request or reservation if it is incomplete, inaccurate or wrong, or if it does not comply either with the applicable conditions of hire or with current regulations.
For security reasons, no banking or financial information will be requested through the platform, although you must provide it, particularly, your credit card at the moment of removal of the hired vehicle in the office. Credit cards must belong to the holder who provides them, be valid and in force. Major credit cards (Visa/MC/Amex/Dinners) are accepted, as well as bank debit cards issued by financial institutions. Prepaid cards are not accepted.
The processing of your personal data, as well as other legal conditions associated with the operation of the platform can be consulted by you, if desired, through the following information links: Data Privacy and Cookies policy.(back)
2. Hire requirements:
AUTOREISEN does not rent vehicles to drivers under 23 years old, as we inform users during the reservation process.
Users can only rent a vehicle with AUTOREISEN when they confirm to AUTOREISEN that they meet the following requirements:
a) At least 23 years of age.
b) Holder of a driving licence valid in Spain.
c) That the valid licence referred to in point b) above, has been held for a minimum of two years at the time of the reservation request made by the user to AUTOREISEN.
In accordance with the foregoing, AUTOREISEN does not apply a charge or any price in case of reservation requests made by users who do not comply with all the above requirements, since it will not be possible to attend any request for hire from users that do not comply with all of these requirements.
(*) Driving licences issued in accordance with Spanish law are valid for driving in Spain as are those issued in countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) in compliance with the applicable European regulations. In addition, under certain conditions, the following driving licences are also valid for driving in Spain:
• National driving licences from other countries issued in accordance with Annex 9 of the Geneva Convention, or with Annex 6 of the Vienna Convention, or those differing slightly from such models in the adoption or deletion of non-essential headings.
• National driving licences from other countries that are written in Spanish or accompanied by an official translation thereof.
• International driving licences issued abroad in accordance with Annex 10 of the Geneva Convention, or according to the model of Annex E of the International Convention of Paris, if the countries have joined this Convention, but they have not signed or joined that of Geneva. In this case a valid international driving licence shall be presented in conjunction with a national driving licence in force in the relevant country.
• Those driving licences recognized in some international conventions to which Spain is a party and under the conditions indicated thereof.
For for further information about the conditions of validity of the driving licences in Spain, you may consult the following links: http://www.dgt.es/es/ y https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-y-multas/permiso-de-conduccion/canje-de-permisos/espana.shtml
These same conditions and requirements are also enforceable regarding any additional driver who may be indicated by the customer.
AUTOREISEN reserves the right to deny or refuse a particular request or reservation if these specific conditions are not met.
Similarly, following confirmation of the reservation, AUTOREISEN may cancel it in the following cases:
• If it is found that the information provided by the customer is not correct, real or is not up to date.
• If the customer violates the terms of the lease.
3. Conditions regarding the vehicle:
The model of vehicle reserved is only indicative and it may be replaced by another of similar characteristics within the same category contracted by the customer.
The vehicle must not leave the island where it is rented and must be used by the customer on the basis of the following criteria:
- Compliance with the applicable national regulations.
- That it is not used for illicit purposes or as a means to commit them.
- Travel is allowed only on public roads.
- It is not to be used for commercial or advertising purposes.
- The fuel recommended for the vehicle must be used.
- Ensure that when leaving or parking the vehicle, it is completely closed.
- The seats (if any) will be provided when the car is collected, and you must correctly fix them into the car.
- Ensure that the luggage or the surfboards are properly attached at the roof-racks if you have hired them.
- Should a malfunction or breakdown be noticed, the vehicle should be stopped, parked correctly and safely (if possible) and AUTOREISEN informed immediately.
The customer shall be responsible for the vehicle during the rental period, that is, from the moment he/she collects the vehicle until the moment he/she delivers or returns it correctly to AUTOREISEN. If the return is not made in the manner indicated by AUTOREISEN, the responsibility of the customer for the rented vehicle will be extended until the moment of registration by AUTOREISEN of the actual receipt of the vehicle.(back)
4. Delivery and return of the vehicle:
The delivery and return of the rented vehicle will be made at the office, dates and times specified in your reservation (confirmed by AUTOREISEN).
Under no circumstances may the vehicle be returned on an island different from that indicated in the rental contract.
If the return office for a reservation is not the same as that for collection of the vehicle, and the duration of the reservation is 3 days or less, an additional 10 € will be charged. This amount is already included in the price shown on the web when the user makes a reservation specifying this feature.
However, if the customer returns the car to a different office from the one specified in his/her rental contract, the company will make an additional charge of 10 €.
The vehicle hired can only be collected during opening hours, but can be returned outside the rental office’s normal opening hours without any additional charge, as stated during de reservation process.
Opening hours at the offices depend on the timetable of the airport where they are located. You can consult the standard timetables in the following link: Locations for Rent.
If your flight is delayed or cancelled, please inform us in good time in order to be able to provide you with better customer service in these cases. If you fail to do this, we cannot guarantee the maintenance of your reservation, although AUTOREISEN will endeavour to hold it for as long as possible. For this reason, when it is no longer feasible, AUTOREISEN reserves the right to cancel your reservation and, therefore, to be able to dispose freely of the reserved vehicle in such cases without entitlement to compensation.
The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as received, except for normal wear and tear. Otherwise, the customer shall provide documentation, reports or supporting documents regarding any incidents or damage to the vehicle.
No amount shall be refunded to the customer for early return of the vehicle.
Please ensure that no item of property is left in the vehicle at the moment of its return. If this happens, AUTOREISEN is not held responsible for your loss.(back)
5. Items included in the reservation price of your vehicle:
The final price of the reservation of the vehicle includes the following items:
1. Taxes (IGIC/IVA included).
2. Unlimited mileage.
3. Second driver free of charge.
4. Service in our office at the airport.
5. Cancellation of the free reservation (free booking cancellation).
6. Approved seats for babies and booster cushions for children free of charge (not ISOFIX ones that can be optionally hired by our customers). It is important to note that according to Spain's General Traffic Regulations: minors with a height of 135 cm or less must use an approved child restraint system.
7. The following insurances (without excess/zero excess):
o Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
o Theft Protection (TP).
o Personal Accident Insurance (PAI).
o Damage to third parties (TI).
No excess amounts are required. We do not require any cash deposit, or credit card pre-authorization.(back)
6. Situations or contingencies not covered by the insurance:
Our insurance does not cover the following situations or contingencies:
• Damage to the tyres and wheels.
• Loss or breakage of the car keys.
• Wrong refuelling.
• Accidents related to reckless driving or under the influence of alcoholic drinks, drugs, narcotics or any other toxic or psychotropic substances.
• Driving off-road.
As an optional extra, you can contract with us a complement (Super Insurance Comfort Plus) to the insurance cover included in the price of the car hire indicated above that includes: loss of keys, damage to wheel rims, damage to tyres, refuelling with the wrong type of fuel, inadvertent run-down of battery (due to forgetting to switch lights off). The daily cost of this optional extra insurance is 2 €/day, up to a maximum of 30 € as indicated in condition 7 of these terms. This complement is also zero excess.(back)
7. Optional Extras:
As optional or additional services customers can hire the following optional extras (not included in the reservation price of the vehicle):
a) A roof rack to transport luggage, at a daily cost is 2 €/day. It does not include the cordage, only the clamping bars to the vehicle. Roof-racks can carry up also to 2 surfboards, properly attached. In any case, AUTOREISEN does not assume responsibility for any damage to the vehicle or to third parties caused by objects transported on the roof of the vehicle. Any such damage is the responsibility of the customer.
b) Baby seat ISOFIX, at a daily cost is 3 €/day up to a maximum of 45 €, beyond which, there is no additional charge for the customer.
c) Child seat ISOFIX, at a daily cost is 3 €/day up to a maximum of 45 €, beyond which, there is no additional charge for the customer.
d) Child booster seat ISOFIX, at a daily cost is 3 €/day up to a maximum of 45 €, beyond which, there is no additional charge for the customer.
e) Super Insurance Comfort Plus (Loss of keys. Damage to wheel rims, Damage to tyres, Refuelling with the wrong type of fuel, inadvertent run-down of battery (due to forgetting to switch lights off). The cost of this optional insurance is 2 €/ day up to a maximum of 30 €, beyond which, there is no additional charge for the customer.
All our basic and optional services, if contracted by our customers, are available for them and guaranteed in the specific conditions contracted by them with Autoreisen.(back)
8. Fuel policy:
In AUTOREISEN we neither do business with fuel nor fill the fuel tank in advance. However, the vehicle shall be returned by the customer with the same amount of fuel with which it was received, and he/she shall pay the difference if that amount is lower.(back)
9. Modification of these General Conditions:
These conditions may be modified by AUTOREISEN at any time, particularly, in order to adapt to regulatory changes or to the applicable trade policy, and therefore we recommend that, before renting a vehicle through our platform, customers read these terms and conditions carefully.(back)
10. Applicable law and jurisdiction:
In the event of dispute or discrepancy related to any of these conditions, the parties waive any other jurisdiction that may apply and agree to subject themselves to the relevant Courts and Tribunals of Santa Cruz de Tenerife in accordance with the provisions of the Spanish legislation that may apply in each case.(back)